Monday, March 9, 2009

banana pancake

today i had cook one of my 'la shao' dessert, banana pancake..

two days ago i told my friend and asked him to come over my house to taste it.. i am damn confident with my cooking skill... but only applicable for banana pancake and honeydew sago.. hehe..

there's been sometimes since the last time i did the pancake.. more than a year and i mostly forgot the exact quantity of flour, sugar, milk and egg to do the pancake.. so i cincai bocai based of my feelings to add in everything and kacau kacau kacau.. haha.. turned out the pancake taste milky and sweet.. failed.. and my house's pan is not a non-stick pan.. failed x2..

and for the banana gravy, i still remember the steps but still not the quantity.. again, feelings.. end up, i cooked the gravy three times..

first time i follow the steps that the chef told me.. sugar first then butter.. but the sugar 'hangus' cause the fire to 'ong'.. failed..

second time.. control the fire carefully, with love.. but the sugar and butter cant mixed together, is like water with oil.. failed..

third time i follow my own steps.. butter first then sugar.. yey, succeed.. but i add in too much sugar, toooo sweet..

after everything is done, the pancake, gravy, i sms my friend and told him, failed, try it next time.. =(


overall, i grade myself a 'C' for this time.. haiz..


no picture for a 'C' food but i do have a picture of 'A' food.. =)


i made this last year february..


a friend taste this and she even lick the plate to finish off the gravy..


the moral of the story is : dont be too confident with your memory.. write down all the recipe and buy a non-stick pan..

No comments: